The HOSA Interational Leadership Conference is an opportunity for members to learn from and share with fellow HOSA members from all affiliated states. Objectives of the National Leadership Conference are:
- To provide a variety of educational and social learning activities at a national level for HOSA members.
- To provide HOSA members the opportunity to share common experiences in leadership development, community service and understanding of their health science education programs.
- To learn more about current health care issues and concerns at the local, state and national levels in health science and the career & technical student organization of HOSA which fosters attitudes of good ethical practices and respect for the dignity of work.
- To provide the opportunity for participation in and recognition of leadership and skill development through competitive learning activities.
- To conduct the necessary annual business of the national student organization of HOSA by the national voting delegates and HOSA, Inc. Board of Directors.
Many exciting learning activities are included in the agenda, such as:
- Competitive Events. The National Competitive Events Program provides members with numerous opportunities for recognition of achievement in individual or group competition.
- Educational Symposium. Several leadership and career development workshops are conducted at the national conference. Tours are often scheduled to a variety of health care facilities in the host city.
- Exhibits. Medical schools, allied health companies, colleges and health care organizations are invited to exhibit and share career and institutional information with the members and advisors.
- Special Activities. At least two sessions are conducted in which all national Voting Delegates are in attendance. New national officers are elected in the Business Sessions. Social and recreational activities are planned for delegates in an informal atmosphere. Local sight-seeing and educational tours are encouraged.
- General Sessions. A motivating Opening Session, a Recognition Session that honors State and Individual Achievements and the Grand Awards Sessions are all part of the HOSA National Leadership Conference experience.